- 3-4 Kale leaves (Tuscan is less bitter and deep green color)
- 1 small lemon, peeled
- 1 ginger (1/2 inch to 1 inch), peeled
- 1 large cucumber, unpeeled
- 1 apple, unpeeled and seeds removed (sweeter the better)
- 1 small beet, peeled
Note: I suggest using organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Wash produce thoroughly and peel if needed.
- Add ingredients to juicer in manageable chunks and juice away. Depending upon your type of juicer, you may need to cut your produce into smaller pieces. If your juicer has various settings, it’s helpful to use a high setting when juicing beets.
- Enjoy as soon as possible to get the most nutritional benefit.
- Save the beet greens to use later or pop a couple in the juicer with this recipe.