Olive Oil Dipping Sauce
With Roasted Garlic
I’m sure if you’ve ever been to an Italian restaurant, you’ve experienced the delicious olive oil dipping sauce that is usually served with freshly baked bread.
It’s Soooo delicious.
You can easily replicate restaurants olive oil dipping sauce at home! In addition to dipping bread you can drizzle it over salads, roasted vegetables, and meats for an extra burst of flavor.
When making olive oil dipping sauce, it’s important to use a high-quality, robust olive oil.
It’s also important to store olive oil properly. This prevents it from going rancid quickly. Rancid oil imparts an unpleasant flavor to your dipping sauce and is not healthy for you!
To Roast Garlic:
You will need one head of garlic and some foil (unless you have a garlic roaster, then forgo the foil).
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Peel thin outer layers of the entire garlic bulb. Leave the layers closest to the individual bulbs intact.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the top of the garlic bulb horizontally to expose the individual cloves of garlic. You will only need to cut approximately 1/4 inch (up to 1/2 inch from the top of the garlic bulb)
- Drizzle with olive oil and rub oil into the exposed garlic.
- Wrap head of garlic in parchment first, then aluminum foil (in you are using a garlic roaster, place head into roaster without foil).
- Place on a baking tray and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Garlic is fully roasted when cloves are soft.
- Remove from oven, unwrap, and allow to cool.
- Once cool, use fingers or a small fork to squeeze garlic cloves from their skins.
- ½ cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 head roasted garlic
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried parsley
- ½ tsp dried onion powder
- 1/8 tsp dried thyme
- 1/8 tsp rosemary leaf
- ¼ tsp himalayan salt
- Black pepper
- Place 1/4-1/2 bulb of roasted garlic in a blender or food processor.
- Add olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Pour garlic/oil blend into a small bowl.
- Add herbs and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Allow flavors to infuse for 15 to 20 minutes before using.