The Romans gave it its name “pomegranate” literally means “seed apple” in Latin and planted the sturdy seedlings throughout their empire. (Exodus 28:33-35)
Pomegranates are the size of large oranges, with reddish-pink leathery skin protecting a white membrane. Attached to this membrane are small seed sacs surrounded by a red pulp. Recent studies reveal that eating pomegranate fruit can contribute immensely to good health.
Raw Pomegranate is mostly known for its natural antioxidants such as soluble polyphenols, tennis, and anthocyanins which support the body’s ability to destroy free radicals. Antioxidants are now considered essential for good health as they may protect the body from molecules which may cause premature aging and help prevent DNA damage that can lead to a number of serious health conditions. Pomegranate also contains a significant amount of good sodium, calcium, vitamin C, niacin, thiamin, and riboflavin. Preliminary evidence suggests that pomegranate is very heart healthy and may support overall cardiovascular health.
Pomegranate powder is packed with vitamins
Non-GMO Pomegranates are jam packed with vitamins that are important to daily bodily functions, but the most important health benefits of pomegranates are antioxidants. Pomegranates contain three times as many antioxidants as red wine and green tea.
Some possible traditional uses of Raw Organic Pomegranate Juice Powder may include:
- May support bone health
- May support healthy bowels
- May support prostate health
- May support a healthy inflammation response
- May support healthy blood pressure levels
- Strong antioxidant
- May support dental health
- May support healthy oxygen levels to the heart
- May support healthy cellular repair
- May support overall cardiovascular health
Nutritional Properties of Pomegranate include:
- Minerals: Calcium, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus, Potassium, Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Selenium
- Vitamins: Vitamin C, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Pantothenic Acid, Vitamin B-6, Folate, Choline, Vitamin E, Alpha Tocopherol, Vitamin K
- Amino Acids: Tryptophan, Threonine, Isoleucine, Leucine, Lysine, Methionine, Cystine, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Valine, Arginine, Histidine, Alanine, Aspartic Acid, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Serine
- Flavan-3-ols: Catechin, Epigallocatechin, Epicatechin, Gallocatechin
- Proanthocyanidins: Proanthocyanidin Monomers, Proanthocyanidin Dimers
- Other Phytochemicals: CHLOROGENIC-ACID, CYANIDIN-3,5-DIGLUCOSIDE Fruit, CYANIDIN-3-GLUCOSIDE, DELPHINIDIN-3-GLUCOSIDE, ELAIDIC-ACID, ELLAGIC-ACID, FLAVOGALLOL, GALLIC-ACID, ISOQUERCETRIN, LINOLEIC-ACID, MALIC-ACID, MALTOSE, MALVIDIN, PELARGONIDIN-3-GLUCOSIDE, PHOSPHATIDYL-CHOLINE, PHOSPHATIDYL-INOSITOL, PHOSPHATIDYL-SERINE, PUNICALAGIN, PUNICALIN, PUNICIC-ACID
Suggested Use for easy pomegranate juice recipes
Mix 2 tablespoons with 6 oz (equivalent to juice in 1 pomegranate) of water to make juice or use to flavor yogurt and other treats.
*This product contains a small amount of organic corn maltodextrin, which is a starch made from organically grown non-GMO corn. This starch acts as a drying agent and is necessary to keep this powder from clumping into hard chunks or one solid brick.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.